Position: Behavioral Health Clinician
Reports to: Clinical Services Officer (CSO)
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Position Summary: This position is full time (40 hours a week) and is responsible for assessing and responding to requests for mental health or substance use/addictions counseling for people living with HIV/AIDS and other underserved individuals. Some evenings required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manages and facilitates group counseling services including oversight of volunteer facilitators, scheduling, group admissions, advertising, and evaluation.
- Provides individual short-term mental health and substance use/addictions counseling or other appropriate interventions.
- Provides crisis coverage in conjunction with the counseling team and other program staff by referral or direct intervention as appropriate.
- Supports the upkeep, tracking, and monitoring of client and patient activities.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and submits reports in a timely manner.
- In conjunction with other Behavioral Health staff, maintains network and referral system of prevention, mental health, and addiction treatment options available for clients.
- In conjunction with other Behavioral Health clinicians, provides training to program staff and volunteers on psychosocial and/or substance use/addiction issues.
- Demonstrates and abides by HIPAA and PHI standards.
- Acts as a liaison between clients, patients and all relevant professionals, programs and resources.
- Participates and attends staff, department, team and community meetings upon request.
- Performs effectively within an organization and interpersonally with co-workers.
- Participates in fund-raising and advocacy events.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications: Experience working with individuals, couples, families, and other groups. Experience working with diverse populations including LGBTQIA populations. Experience providing substance abuse/dependency counseling. Proven experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment in an electronic health record setting. Previous experience billing Medicaid and private insurances. Bilingual preferred.
Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling, or Social Work.Registration or licensure with the Mental Health Section of the Department of Regulatory Agencies. Must have or be working towards a Certification or Licensure in Addictions Counseling (CAC II or III and LPC preferred).
Experience working with basic office and database computer programs, including familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and the internet.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
Knowledge regarding HIV and other chronic health conditions. Excellent communication, client relations, and management skills. Highly organized and detail oriented. This position requires personal and professional accountability; self-management and initiative; dedication to quality improvement, professional integrity and research ethics and cultural competency. Must demonstrate accuracy, efficiency and excellent organizational skills. Must demonstrate effectiveness in the following areas: task management; teamwork; time management; and communication with teams, managers, clients, and company consultants. Must have an applicable understanding of the harm reduction model, stages of change model, and motivational interviewing.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
Works with standard office equipment including a computer work station, printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machine. Works with word processing software, spreadsheet applications, and presentation software. Communicates with clients and vendors using the telephone, e-mail, the Internet, and fax.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions:
Works in an office environment. Occasional travel may be required. Requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds of materials. Requires clear speaking ability and the ability to use a telephone for extended periods. Requires ability to view a computer screen (near acuity). Requires fingering agility for keyboarding and using a telephone and other office equipment.
Applicants, please send a cover letter including resume, and three professional references to Misty Aaberg and HR via email: Misty.Aaberg@coloradohealthnetwork.org and HR@coloradohealthnetwork.org with "Behavioral Health Clinician" in the subject line. Close Date: June 3rd, 2019.
All offers of employment are subject to the completion of a criminal background check. Colorado Health Network Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).