POSITION: Development Manager
BASE OFFICE: Denver
REPORTS TO: Chief Development Officer
ORGANIZATIONAL SUMMARY: Colorado Health Network DBA Colorado AIDS Project is a statewide community-based organization that helps those
living with, or at risk for HIV and other diseases, to make healthy choices for a self-sufficient, enhanced and healthy life. CHN provides comprehensive
services, including oral healthcare & medical services to needy populations managing this chronic disease, educates high-risk populations, and
advocates for social and health care equity. CHN has offices in Colorado Springs, Denver, Fort Collins, Grand Junction, Greeley and Pueblo. Equal Opportunity
Employer – Criminal background check required.
Colorado Health Network, Inc. (CHN) is a statewide organization with the mission to meet the evolving needs of people affected by HIV and other health
conditions through prevention, care, and advocacy. The Development Manager is a supervisory and multidisciplinary position – implementing the
various Annual Fundraising programs of the organization to include data management, direct mail, marketing, donor and community stewardship along with
targeted programs such as planned giving and monthly and workplace giving. The position has a major emphasis on special events.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise, coach, support and inspire staff to achieve the highest and most effective performance
- Set expectations of teamwork and model collaborative behavior
- Provide necessary opportunities to maintain staff’s subject matter expertise (trainings and seminars)
Annual Fundraising Event(s)
- Work with the Chief Development Officer and Directors of Regional Programs and staff to implement major fundraising events
- Help identify and recruit corporate and foundation sponsorships
- Help secure silent auction commitments
- Provide logistical support for events and committee meetings
- Serve as Day of Event Manager for assigned signature events
- Assist event promotion through social media - website and registration pages
- Assist in preparation of event materials
- Develop and implement strategies to encourage new or increased contributions
- Recruit, empower and mobilize volunteers
- Create and manage the electronic reservation system
- Coordinate stewardship activities for event donors and sponsors
Work with staff and members of the Development team to create and implement direct mail promotions.
Marketing & Communications
- Work with the Development and Management team to create marketing and communications campaigns for the agency and for campaigns specific to events.
- Support the development of agency publications and collateral – supervise the production of newsletters, annual report, and brochures, etc.
- Supervise and manage the CHN website and sub-domains.
- This list is not meant to be a comprehensive list of job duties. Other duties may be assigned. Monday- Friday; full-time, non - exempt; some weekend
and evening work required for meetings and special events.
- The ability to establish and cultivate strong relationships that translate to donors and volunteers.
- The ability to effectively work with staff and volunteers to engage them in the fundraising process.
- Creative, strategic and organized thinker with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor degree in marketing, communications, business or nonprofit management, plus three years of progressive fundraising experience with and an
emphasis in special events.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of fundraising techniques and sources of funding for nonprofit agencies and organizations.
- Ability to organize and coordinate fundraising activities with multiple deadlines.
- Proven experience as a supervisor of staff and volunteers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and computer/office equipment operation.
- Experience with fundraising, contact management or other database software preferred.
- Ability to successfully work independently and as a member of a team.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness and ability to work with diverse populations - persons living with HIV, the GLBTQ community, persons of various ethnic backgrounds, disenfranchised
- Must have and maintain a valid Colorado driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Experience with HIV/AIDS a plus.
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, generous
paid time off and 403(b) retirement plan option.
Please send a cover letter highlighting your fundraising experience and resume to Sharon Opila at Sharon.Opila@coloradohealthnetwork.org or at 6260 East
Colfax Ave, Denver CO 80220 Position open until filled.
Development Manager 9.26.18 (463 KB)